LOCATION: The Stranger-Jones residence, London
1. Teriyaki chicken marinated in soy sauce, mirin, rice vinegar and ginger
2. Yuzu chicken marinated in rice vinegar, mirin and a healthy dose of yuzu mustard
3. Ribs marinated in fennel seeds, smoked paprika, brown sugar, chilli, salt, pepper and a splash of cider vinegar
4. Miso onigiri (rice and miso paste, grilled, wrapped in nori)
5. Salad with new potatoes, red onion, celery and sprouts dressed in soy sauce, mayonnaise and shiso leaves from the garden
DRINK: 1. Prosecco. 2. Mint tea with fresh mint leaves from the garden
WE THINK: A truly great British barbeque for the following reasons: 1: It didn't rain. 2: The food was magnificent and, due to a bunch of no-shows, abundant. 3: It didn't rain.